Whether you celebrate Easter or not, we hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend! How did you spend your time? We hope it was with lots of chocolate and sunshine.
We had a very busy week on the Killer Reads Facebook in the lead up to the long weekend. The lovely Katie Moss was working on the not-so-secret mission of MI6 Week for Charles Cummings‘s #AColderWar. Espionage events included a Spy Code Name Generator and the undercover agent’s sure fire way on How to Spot a Lie.
We also hid a fabulous egg hunt over our Facebook and Twitter profiles for the chance to win some of our new and upcoming titles. Winners were announced today over on Facebook!
For the latest updates on book releases, competitions, and much more–make sure you’re following us on Facebook and Twitter!
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (“HarperCollins”), 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9FG.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. You must be 18 to enter this competition. If you are under 18 you must have permission from your parent or guardian.
4. How to enter: answer the question by adding a comment underneath the post, or tweeting @KillerReads
5. You must include the username @KillerReads and the hashtag #AColderWar in your tweets or your entry will be invalid.
6. The opening date for entries is 23/03/2015. The closing date for entries is 5:30pm each day. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
7. No purchase necessary.
8. Only one entry allowed per household. If you try and enter more than once by a) using multiple Twitter accounts or b) tweeting the same entry more than once within a 24 hour period then all of your entries will be invalid.
9. The prize is:
Day 1: x1 set of signed copies of Charles Cumming’s back list (A Colder War, A Foreign Country, Typhoon, The Hidden Man, The Trinity Six, A Spy By Nature, The Spanish Game)
Day 2: x1 set of signed copies of A Colder War & A Foreign Country, plus a keyring with camera and recording device
Day 3: x1 set of signed copies of A Colder War & A Foreign Country plus x2 tickets to Bletchley Park
Day 4: x1 set of signed copies of A Colder War & A Foreign Country plus a mini camera
Day 5: x1 iPad
10. The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
11. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
12. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
13. The winner of the competition will be drawn at random each day from all correct entries on Facebook and Twitter by an independent adjudicator and notified by social media no later than 30/03/2015.
14. The prizes will be delivered to the winners by 23/04/2015
15. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
16. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
17. To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Fiction Marketing, HarperCollins Publishers, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9FG.
18. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
19. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
20. By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
22. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
23. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
24. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Bone Tree is the phenomenal follow-up to Greg Iles’ blockbuster thriller Natchez Burning, featuring former prosecutor Penn Cage. To celebrate its publication this April, we’re giving away a SIGNED set of Greg’s whole backlist! For your chance to win, tweet us @KillerReads and include the hashtag: #KillerFest15
Find out more about The Bone Tree below. If you’d like to know the story behind the books, read a guest post from Greg here.
Former prosecutor Penn Cage faces the crisis of a lifetime. His family has been torn apart and his father made a fugitive after being accused of murdering an African-American nurse.
Now, Penn has unwittingly started a war with the Double Eagles, a violent faction of the KKK who know more about Dr. Tom Cage than Penn ever did.
Tracking his father through Natchez and beyond, Penn is targeted by criminals and corrupt police whose power reaches the top levels of state government – people who will stop at nothing to prevent the truth from coming out.
To clear Tom’s name, Penn must either make a deal with the devil or destroy him. But there are others pursuing a different mission – one which will lead them to the ‘Bone Tree’, a legendary killing site that conceals far more than the remains of the dead.
PRAISE FOR GREG ILES:
‘The thriller of the year, of the decade even’ The Times
‘Amazing. I defy you to put it down’ Stephen King
‘A scorching read’ John Grisham
Click here to pre-order The Bone Tree