To celebrate the publication of Charles Cumming’s latest gripping spy thriller, A Colder War, we’ve set up a mole hunt of our very own.
Every day this week we will be posting two videos of Charles on a different blog site. For your chance to win a Kindle all you need to do is watch each video and answer the given question relating to that video.
At the end of the week, once you have all ten answers, take the first letter of each answer and it will spell out the name of a famous mole.
If the answers each day were MONDAY, OLIVE, LIGHTS, and EVERYONE, the final answer would be MOLE
Everyone still with me?!
When you have the name of the mole, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header MOLE HUNT. Entries will close at midnight on Friday 9th May.
The videos and questions will be posted on the following sites:
Monday 28th April – s23783.p595.sites.pressdns.com – we’re kicking off the mole hunt right here, right now! So see below for the first videos
Tuesday 29th April – www.thetattooedbook.blogspot.co.uk
Wednesday 30th April – www.civilian-reader.blogspot.co.uk
Thursday 1st May – www.readerdad.co.uk
Friday 2nd May – www.shotsmag.co.uk
Let the hunt begin…
Watch the video below and answer the following questions:
What are the surnames of the 2nd and 4th guests at Charles Cumming’s literary dinner party?
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers (“HarperCollins”), 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JB.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. Email email@example.com with the final answer to enter.
4. Closing date for entries is midnight on Friday 9th May. No entries received after this time will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one allowed per household.
5. The prize is an Amazon Kindle.
6. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
7. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. The winners of the competition will be drawn at random from all correct entries by HarperCollins and notified by email no later than the 30th June 2014.
9. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
10. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
11. To obtain the names of the prize winners after the closing date, please write to Katie Moss, HarperCollins Publishers, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8JB.
12. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
13. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
14. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
16. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
17. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
18. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.